Genesis 3:15: And I will put enmity between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel.
Genesis 49:8-10: Judah, your brothers shall praise you; Your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies; Your father's sons shall bow down to you. Judah is a lion's whelp; From the prey, my son, you have gone up. He couches, he lies down as a lion, And as a lion, who dares rouse him up? The scepter shall not depart from Judah, Nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, Until Shiloh comes, And to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.
Isaiah 11:1-2: Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, And a branch from his roots will bear fruit. And the Spirit of the L-RD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the L-RD.
Matthew 2:23: ... and came and resided in a city called Nazareth, that what was spoken through the prophets might be fulfilled, "He shall be called a Nazarene."
Isaiah 11:10: Then it will come about in that day That the nations will resort to the root of Jesse, Who will stand as a signal for the peoples; And His resting place will be glorious.
Isaiah 11:12: And He will lift up a standard for the nations, And will assemble the banished ones of Israel, And will gather the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth.
Isaiah 49:22: Thus says the L-rd G-D, "Behold, I will lift up My hand to the nations, And set up My standard to the peoples; And they will bring your sons in their bosom, And your daughters will be carried on their shoulders.
Isaiah 53:2: For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, And like a root out of parched ground; He has no stately form or majesty That we should look upon Him, Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.
1 My G-d, my G-d, why hast Thou forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.
2 O my G-d, I cry by day, but Thou dost not answer; And by night, but I have no rest.
3 Yet Thou art holy, O Thou who art enthroned upon the praises of Israel.
4 In Thee our fathers trusted; They trusted, and Thou didst deliver them.
5 To Thee they cried out, and were delivered; In Thee they trusted, and were not disappointed.
6 But I am a worm, and not a man, A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
7 All who see me sneer at me; They separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying,
8 "Commit yourself to the L-RD; let Him deliver him; Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him."
9 Yet Thou art He who didst bring me forth from the womb; Thou didst make me trust when upon my mother's breasts.
10 Upon Thee I was cast from birth; Thou hast been my G-d from my mother's womb.
11 Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help.
12 Many bulls have surrounded me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me.
13 They open wide their mouth at me, As a ravening and a roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And Thou dost lay me in the dust of death.
16 For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet.
17 I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me;
18 They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.
19 But Thou, O L-RD, be not far off; O Thou my help, hasten to my assistance.
20 Deliver my soul from the sword, My only life from the power of the dog.
21 Save me from the lion's mouth; And from the horns of the wild oxen Thou dost answer me.
22 I will tell of Thy name to my brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise Thee.
23 You who fear the L-RD, praise Him; All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him, And stand in awe of Him, all you descendants of Israel.
24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Neither has He hidden His face from him; But when he cried to Him for help, He heard.
25 From Thee comes my praise in the great assembly; I shall pay my vows before those who fear Him.
26 The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; Those who seek Him will praise the L-RD. Let your heart live forever!
27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the L-RD, And all the families of the nations will worship before Thee.
28 For the kingdom is the L-RD'S, And He rules over the nations.
29 All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship, All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him, Even he who cannot keep his soul alive.
30 Posterity will serve Him; It will be told of the L-RD to the coming generation.
31 They will come and will declare His righteousness To a people who will be born, that He has performed it.
Other key Prophecies through David
2 Samuel 7:12-13 (1042 BC): When your days are complete and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
Jeremiah 23:5 (599 BC): "Behold, the days are coming," declares the L-RD, "When I shall raise up for David a righteous Branch; And He will reign as king and act wisely And do justice and righteousness in the land.
When will He come?
Daniel 9:24-26: Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place. So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.
- Of a virgin — Isaiah 7:14 (742 BC): Therefore the L-rd Himself will give you a sign:
Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.
- In Bethlehem — Micah 5:2 (710 BC): as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.
Preceded by John the Baptist
Malachi 3:1 (397 BC): "Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the L-rd, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming," says the L-RD of hosts.
A Prophet like unto Moses
Deuteronomy 18:15 (1451 BC): The L-RD your G-d will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him.
Zechariah 9:9 (487 BC): Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, Humble, and mounted on a donkey, Even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
Isaiah 53:2 (712 BC): For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Tenderness & compassion.
- Isaiah 40:11 (712 BC): Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, In His arm He will gather the lambs, And carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes.
- Isaiah 42:3: A bruised reed He will not break, And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice.
Isaiah 35:5-6: Then the eyes of the blind will be opened, And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped. Then the lame will leap like a deer, And the tongue of the dumb will shout for joy. For waters will break forth in the wilderness And streams in the Arabah.
Isaiah 53:9: His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
Rejected by His brethren
Psalm 69:8: I have become estranged from my brothers, And an alien to my mother's sons.
- Psalm 69:4: Those who hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head; Those who would destroy me are powerful, being wrongfully my enemies, What I did not steal, I then have to restore.
- Isaiah 49:7: Thus says the L-RD, the Redeemer of Israel, and its Holy One, To the despised One, To the One abhorred by the nation, To the Servant of rulers, "Kings shall see and arise, Princes shall also bow down; Because of the L-RD who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel who has chosen You."
Rejected by the Jewish leaders
Psalm 118:22: The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner stone.
Jews & Gentiles combine against Him
Psalm 1:1-2: Why are the nations in an uproar, And the peoples devising a vain thing? The kings of the earth take their stand, And the rulers take counsel together against the L-RD and against His Anointed:
Betrayed by a friend
Psalm 41:9: Even my close friend, in whom I trusted, Who ate my bread, Has lifted up his heel against me.
His Disciples forsake Him
Zechariah 13:7 (487 BC): "Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, And against the man, My Associate," Declares the L-RD of hosts. "Strike the Shepherd that the sheep may be scattered; And I will turn My hand against the little ones.
Sold for 30 pieces of silver
Zechariah 11:12: And I said to them, "If it is good in your sight, give me my wages; but if not, never mind!" So they weighed out thirty shekels of silver as my wages.
His price given for the potter's field
Zechariah 11:13: Then the L-RD said to me, "Throw it to the potter, that magnificent price at which I was valued by them." So I took the thirty shekels of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the L-RD.
- Smitten — Micah 5:1 (710 BC): Now muster yourselves in troops, daughter of troops; They have laid siege against us; With a rod they will smite the judge of Israel on the cheek.
- Spit upon & scourged — Isaiah 50:6 (710 BC): I gave My back to those who strike Me, And My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting.
- Nailed to the cross — Psalm 22:16.
- Forsaken by G-d — Psalm 22:1.
- Mocked — Psalm 22:7-8.
- Gall & vinegar given to Him to drink — Psalm 69:21: They also gave me gall for my food, And for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
- Intensity of His suffering — Psalm 22:14-15.
- Suffering for others — Isaiah 53:4-6,12 (712 BC): Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of G-d, and afflicted. But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the L-RD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him. 12 Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
- Patience & silence under suffering — Isaiah 53:9: His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
- His garments parted & lots cast for His vesture — Psalm 22:18.
- Not a bone of His broken.
- Exodus 12:46 (1491 BC): It is to be eaten in a single house; you are not to bring forth any of the flesh outside of the house, nor are you to break any bone of it.
- Psalm 34:20: He keeps all his bones; Not one of them is broken.
- Pierced — Zechariah 12:10 (487 BC): And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him, like the bitter weeping over a first-born.
- Buried with the rich — Isaiah 53:9: His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death,
- His flesh did not see corruption — Psalm 16:10: For Thou wilt not abandon my soul to Sheol; Neither wilt Thou allow Thy Holy One to undergo decay.
His Resurrection — Psalm 16:10.
His ascension — Psalm 68:18: Thou hast ascended on high, Thou hast led captive Thy captives; Thou hast received gifts among men, Even among the rebellious also, that the L-RD G-d may dwell there.
Sitting at the right hand of G-d — Psalm 110:1: The L-RD says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand, Until I make Thine enemies a footstool for Thy feet.”
Exercising the priestly office in Heaven — Zechariah 6:13: Yes, it is He who will build the temple of the L-RD, and He who will bear the honor and sit and rule on His throne. Thus, He will be a priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace will be between the two offices.
The chief cornerstone — Isaiah 28:16: Therefore thus says the L-rd G-D, “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.”
King of Zion — Psalm 2:6: “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”