Shalom Aleychem Ministries
P.O. Box 564
Boystown, NE 68010-0564 (402) 592-2404
... to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16 And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed (Genesis 12:3).
This is a twelve week course which can be taught as a Sunday School course or at any other time. The lessons will bring you to a knowledge of Judaism and the Jewish people and is primarily designed to help you learn about the roots of your faith and how you can witness more effectively to a Jewish person. You will also develop a deeper yearning for the word of G-d than you ever had before. You will learn things in the New Testament that used to baffle you. For instance, did you know that the name, Barabbas, in Hebrew, means Son of the Father. So, in John 18:40, when the crowd is shouting, "Give us Barabbas," they are actually shouting, "give us the Son of the Father."
It is important to learn about Israel as the future lies there and the hour is short. I do not ask for anything from you except your attention. I provide all the weekly handouts which consist of weekly outlines and Bible verses, a few diagrams, a vocabulary list and a bibliography. I was saved in 1988 and I am Jewish. You will find this to be a truly outstanding learning experience.
Course Outline & Files
This course is now available to download for free. Clicking the title of each week below will download a zip file which contains the handout and audio recording of that week's lesson. The optional 13th week does not have any download.
Week by Week:
- Introduction: Israel, the first of nations; to the Jew first; Israel's calling; Israel's dilemma; and, what's in a name.
- Messiah: Who is the Jewish Messiah; What the Rabbis say; King of the Jews- a Jewish look at Matthew.
- As Foretold: Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah.
- Jewish History 101: From 2250 BC to 425 AD.
- The Bible: Putting the pieces of our Bible together; Translations (Development of the Bible); Rashi & Messianic Prophecy Interpretation (How they took Messiah out of the Jewish Bible); Jewish Law.
- Things get Worse: Fifth to 19th Centuries; The Holocaust.
- What Jews Believe and Do: The divisions of Judaism; Jewish Doctrine; Customs and Practices; the Synagogue.
- What Jews Do: Prayer; In the home; Life events.
- A Wedding: The eight covenants; G-d weds Israel;
- The Tabernacle. A Party: The Sabbath; The fulfilled feasts of the Old Testament; The Church Age; Non-Biblical Jewish holidays.
- The Prodigal Son Returns: The Fig Tree takes root; Land Ho! - Palestine; Israel.
- Bear Witness: Romans 11: 1-32; Modern Day Jews; Outreach; Final Words.
- Optional thirteenth week: Synagogue Service/singing with Pastor Roger Nichols. Other events available for your Church or group.